As General Manager Europe for TCL Lighting Wim Meulders explored the European market for TCL in order to launch LED lighting under the TCL brandname. Wim wrote the strategic plan and defined the go-to-market strategy for the retail and B2B channels. Interim management assignment from July 2012 till June 2013.
TCL requested to prepare the introduction of the TCL branded Lighting LED products in Europe. After an extensive product training at the TCL Lighting Headquarters in Huizhou, a thorough European market research and meetings with leading players in the lighting business in Europe Wim prepared the complete go-to-market and digital strategy:
– Created a business plan for the Lighting division in Europe: SWOT analysis, strategy incl. digital, mission & vision, go to market.
– Product Management & Product Marketing: positioning of the TCL LED Lighting products in a already crowded European retail market between major brands like Philips, Osram and Sylvania and DIY private labels and C-brands.
– Prepared corporate marketing including branding, European packaging, collaterals, PR, advertising, gifts and incentives. Main focus on Marketing Automation, social media and a multilingual Digital Strategy for Europe
– Discovery and proposal of marketing related activities like exhibitions, conferences and
events throughout Europe.
– Marketing and brand introduction budget preparation & presentation
– Channel Management: setup CRM, funnel & marketing automation, analytics and reporting
TCL is one of the worlds largest producers of consumer electronics, headquartered in Huizhou, China. In 2013 TCL has approx. 60,000 employees in 80 cities, 20 R& D centers, 30 manufacturing sites, 50 sales offices and a revenue of aprox. 9 billion USD. It is listed with 3 companies on the stock exchange. TCL ranks top 5 in the global LCD TV market. Ikea selected TCL in april 2012 to produce their first Smart TV’s entertainment system under the Uppleva brand. More info on TCL can be found here.
Wim and Elke combine Sales, Marketing and ICT.
Providing marketing and sales services we believe to help companies to realize more turnover, profit and to achieve more marketshare. So we founded Wimedia to do so.